Subdial ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is DYNR Limited of 2 Pendulum Mews, London, E8 2LU.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.subdial.co (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Subdial, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes. In the case of product enquiries, your e-mail address, including details of the watch you selected, will be stored so that we can return a written quote by e-mail or send offers on similar watches or other offers that might be relevant to you. For instance, we may contact you with price and availability information on watches that both we and third parties (authorised watch dealers) have in stock.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To conduct market research.
- To run competitions, promotions and events, both ours and those from carefully selected third party companies.
Unless you tell us otherwise, we may also use your data, or, with your consent, permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by telephone or e-mail.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please either email email@example.com or click on the unsubscribe link, which is displayed at the end of e-mail correspondence.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention and to improve the quality of our customer service
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 in order to provide goods and services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Subdial does not have a supplier for a particular brand or individual watch, in which case we may pass your details on to a third party authorised watch dealer (high street shop) so that they can quote on price and availability.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Subdial or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of or terms and conditions of sale or purchase and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Subdial, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by clicking on the unsubscribe link, which is displayed at the end of e-mail correspondence. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at support @subdial.co.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST
You have the right to access any information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookie - Subdial Session
Name - Subdial
Purpose - This cookie is essential for our site to enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests.
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
We store a session number within the cookie. No customer identifiable information will be stored within the cookie.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after a period of 7 days.
As a responsible retailer, we comply with the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2006 (the Regulations).
Any product that requires electricity or batteries to enable it to perform its primary function is classed as electrical or electronic equipment (EEE), such as a battery-powered watch. We are committed to reducing the environmental impact of providing high quality products by recycling our products when they become waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE).
It is important that the amount of WEEE sent to landfill sites is reduced. Some WEEE can be re-used or recycled. The amount of landfill space available in the UK is decreasing. If we can keep WEEE out of landfill sites it means there is more landfill space available for non-recyclable waste. Further, WEEE can also contain hazardous substances. When left in landfill sites, these hazardous substances can pollute soil and contaminate water supplies. This contamination can damage human health and the environment.
Distributors of new EEE have a part to play in reducing the amount of WEEE going into landfill sites.
We are doing our bit under the Regulations by offering our customers a free of charge "take-back" service of your WEEE on a like-for-like basis when you buy a new EEE product from us.
For example, if you buy a new battery-powered watch from us we will take back your old battery-powered watch and prevent it going into a landfill site by disposing of it safely. You must return your old WEEE within 28 days of purchasing your new item. You do not have to pay to return your old item to us.
If you wish to return your WEEE item, please contact us.
Under the Regulations, all new electrical goods should now be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Goods are marked with this symbol to show that they were produced after 13 August 2005, and should be disposed of separately from normal household waste.